Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Falling to Pieces by L.T. Kelly

 
  
Author: L.T. Kelly
Release Date: August 15, 2013
 
When Teagan Lewis moves from rural Montana to the bright lights of London with her maker Thomas, she expects to live as harmoniously as she has for the last one hundred-fifty years.
Teagan didn’t know she had a heart or soul until she met Marc Romano.
However, it quickly becomes clear that Marc is forbidden fruit. All the signs that he isn’t human were there from the beginning, but she chose to ignore them…to her peril.
Can she simply walk away from this mesmerizing stranger? Or should she risk her immortality to be with the man she has fallen in love with
 
 
My Rating: 4 of 5 ♥'s
 
My Review
 
Let me start by saying, I LOVE Paranormal Romance books that have Vampires and Werewolves in the story line.  So, when the author, who is part of a Goodreads Group I am a member of, offered it up for reading and reviewing, I jumped up and down and snatched it up and couldn't wait to dive into her debut novel.
 
In a remote area of Montana, Teagan lived a boring and lonely life for a vampire until her maker, Thomas, decides it's time to move on to the bustling city of London, England without any kind of explanation.  Soon after they arrive, she goes out for food(meaning blood) and ends up finding something way better....that's right a hot guy who smells absolutely delicious and she can't figure out why.   
Marc lives in London and owns some bars and bistros.  He's hot, a business owner, drives a motorcycle and as sweet as any guy can be...Could he be anymore drool worthy?
She's not sure what he is.  He's not sure what she is.  What they are sure of is, they are both strongly attracted to one another.  Their relationship is fast paced and yes there is some very hot sex involved.  As soon as others find out about them seeing each other, things change and not for the good.  Serious problems will arise for each of them.  Can their relationship survive...can they? 
I loved the story line and most of the characters.  Some of the characters I hated but you'll have that in most books.  There just has to be the bad/mean guys that you'd like to knock their damn heads off.  This book was really fast paced for me, almost to the point of being rushed in some areas.  After reading the whole book I was left with some questions that I hope are explained in book 2.  The ending of the book was perfect.  I love books that do not have any major cliff hangers at the end, otherwise you're stuck waiting for months if not longer for the second book to come out and I don't know about any of you but I'm impatient LOL.  If the story line and characters are excellently done, that alone will make me purchase the second book when it is released.  Falling to Pieces by L.T. Kelly is definitely one of those books that will make me buy the second book because it was well written.  I'm excited to see what journey the author takes us on with Teagan and Marc in the second book. I highly recommend this new author and series. 
 
 4 of 5 ♥'s



No comments:

Post a Comment